10.11.2016

Day Trip || Stormy Garibaldi


There's nothing quite like spending a stormy Fall day on the Oregon Coast. The gray skies, the misty rain, the salty air and the sounds of buoy bells in the distance. My parents and aunt and uncle spent the weekend in Garibaldi fishing and crabbing and I decided to drive my Nuna (grandma) down for the day to reap the benefits of their hard work. My mom sent me a picture of the 44 crab they caught the day before and I assumed they would need help putting a dent in it. Who can resist fresh caught dungeness crab.





The house was located across the street from the Coast Guard station and although it was a little dated it had an amazing view of the Tillamook Bay where we could watch the fishing boats and kayakers. After having some crab for lunch I was able to cozy up in the sunroom and indulge in a little quiet reading time followed by a quick power nap. 









It was a hasty but rejuvenating trip and was just what I needed to kick off the Fall season. The drive home was a little less rejuvenating and I had some white knuckle moments in the dark and pouring rain. Especially the moment when I saw a spider crawling up the windshield and I had to quickly pull over on the side of the road. As the cars rushed past me and I stood drenched by the rain I lost the spider and then had to get back in the car to continue driving. It was anxiety inducing. Needless to say I was happy to make it back home safe and sound. I look forward to the next beach trip that doesn't require night driving. 



What are your favorite ways to cozy up in the Fall?


No comments :

Post a Comment