6.13.2016

Where to Spend a Day Wine Tasting in the Willamette Valley

One great thing about living in Portland is the access to so many great adventures. Only 60 minutes to the mountain, 90 minutes to the beach and a wine lover's paradise is a quick 45 minute drive out of town. I typically end up in Dundee, Oregon a few times a year to celebrate a friend's birthday, have a girls' day, or just go pick up my wine club shipment from Sokol Blosser. The Willamette Valley offers some amazing wine tasting and fortunately for me, my palate has evolved to a point where I LOVE a good pinot noir (which is what we are known for in these parts).
This Spring I had the pleasure of heading out to a few vineyards on the super cool Double Decker bus for my friend Wendy's birthday. The bus was incredibly accommodating of our large group. They allowed us to bring food and drinks on the bus and be as rowdy as we could be. We had a great coordinator that made sure we were all happy and kept us on schedule, which can be tricky when dealing with 30 tipsy 30 somethings.  There was a great group of friends and acquaintances that made the trek out to Soléna Estate, Sokol Blosser and Stoller Family Estate for the day. 


Friends

That's a lot of glasses

It was my first visit to Soléna Estate. The venue was absolutely beautiful. The tasting room was large and made you feel like you were in a mountain cabin. And the view from the deck was stunning, surrounded by trees and a pond in the distance. 


Our next stop was Sokol Blosser. This is one of my favorite wineries, which is why I am a member, and I love their wine. They have the absolute best rosé which I am completely obsessed with. Their sparkling is also very nice. They have two tasting rooms, the original building and their new building. I'm partial to the new building due to its openness, clean lines, and modern feel. 

Our final stop was Stoller Family Estate. This was my first time visiting that vineyard as well, although I had heard a lot about it since it is a very popular place. The tasting room is a 4,000 square foot, environmentally sustainable, modern building with floor to ceiling glass garage doors. It sits on an amazing piece of grassy property. They have a ton of white Adirondak chairs to lounge in and in the distance is a large oak tree with a tire swing. It's a great place to take a picnic and spend the day. 

I love visiting old favorites as well as discovering new favorites. If you have any suggestions of where to go next time, let me know!






No comments :

Post a Comment